Our bedrooms are the most important rooms in our home. Some reason there is a tendency to have a ton of furniture and things in this space to make it complete, yet I now believe the opposite. If every possession holds energy, having too many items in the bedroom creates chaotic energy in a space needed only to relax and rejuvenate in.
I love the richness of dark wood furniture and the purity of white linen. There is no need for anything else unless you’d like a bit of color which can easily be added with a single throw. If there isn’t much closet space in your home, you may need a dresser. Otherwise, there is more peace where there is abundant space.
One important factor when applying Feng Shui to your home is to eliminate all non related items from that space. Your bedroom should only consists items regarding sleep, clothing, and romance. Electronics are not desirable in the bedroom because they send out electromagnetic waves that can be detrimental while sleeping. Here are seven possessions that can be cleared out.
1. Televisions– They aren’t truly relaxing.
2. DVD’s–Not necessary if the television is in another room.
3. All other electronics–Except the alarm clock which should be placed on the opposite wall from the bed.
4. Books–Maybe one or two but not the entire bookshelf.
5. Office related items–They should only be in your work space.
6. All photos that include family and friends–Only pictures of the couple.
7. Bins of anything and everything–Get rid of any extra clutter!
Living light creates room to breath and in this case rest easily!
(Image by stores.advancedinteriordesigns.com)