I often get asked how to mix carrier and essential oils to create a beautiful skin serum. I wanted to repost this awesome recipe which I feel can easily get lost in the mix. Feel free to modify this recipe with your favorite oils. If you’re not big on DIY, check out my new organic skin care line AZUHA which I’ve created for all skin types based on oils high in linoleic acid for a radiant complexion. The AZUHA Red Raspberry Skin Elixir has been getting great reviews! Find FAQ’s on the elixir here.
Here is a wonderful facial serum recipe courtesy of my favorite online herbal beauty source Mountain Rose Herbs. This rich healing oil is best for mature, dry, or damaged skin and includes both helichrysum and carrot seed essential oils which increase skin regeneration and heal hyperpigmentation. It also contains pomegranate seed oil which is a powerful antioxidant and another skin regenerator very helpful for healing skin ailments such as eczema and psoriasis as well as rosehips seed oil which is widely used in natural skin care to treat wrinkles and premature aging.
Facial serums with high quality potent ingredients like this recipe will truly nourish the skin at a deep cellular level.
What you will need:
- 1/2 oz (1 Tbsp) organic rosehip seed oil
- 1/4 oz (1/2 Tbsp) organic jojoba oil
- 1/4 oz (1/2 Tbsp) organic pomegranate seed oil
- 5-10 drops vitamin E oil
- 10 drops organic lavender essential oil
- 3 drops organic helichrysum essential oil
- 2 drops organic carrot seed essential oil
- 1 0z glass bottle with dropper
1. Pour rosehips seed oil, jojoba oil, and pomegranate seed oil in a 1 oz clean glass bottle using a funnel.
2. Now add vitamin E oil, lavender essential oil, helichrysum essential oil, and carrot seed essential oil.
3. Gently shake to evenly mix the ingredients.
You can use this DIY facial serum as a daily moisturizer to rejuvenate and heal your skin. Once you begin to use 100% pure natural carrier and essential oils for skin care, you will never turn to synthetic cosmetics that contain so many toxic chemicals and filler ingredients ever again. Nothing compares to what comes from nature!
Read more about formulating your own DIY anti-aging facial serums in this article, and see more on DIY and natural skin care here and the latest details of my extremely simple beauty regimen here. Enjoy your day!
(Image by Mountain Rose Herbs)