After sharing my one bag traveling experience this summer, I wanted to also tell you about the cosmetics that I packed despite the carry-on restrictions with liquids. I have traveled so much that I’ve gotten the liquids restrictions down to a science while still maintaining my beauty needs. The key is to have multipurpose products, and also a few items that aren’t liquids or creams at all.
2. Vapour Organic Beauty Stratus Instant Skin Perfector in “903” –Organic BB Cream & Favorite Multipurpose Must Have! Review here!
3. Pacifica Perfume Roll-On in “Lotus Garden”
4. Zuzu Luxe Mascara in “Onyx”
5. Henna King Envy Lip Stain in “Melon”–I also use this as a cheek stain.)
6. Hemp Organics Tinted Lip Balm in “Amber”
1. DIY Herbal Hair Cleanser –I pack an empty applicator bottle purchased from the beauty supply store and mix a few scoops of the DIY Herbal Hair Cleanser with water, shake, and use.
2. Herbal Hair Spritz (2 oz)
3. Simple/Multipurpose Oil Mix (2 oz)
1. DIY Facial Cleansing Oil (2 oz)
2. Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ (2.5 oz)
3. Microfiber Cleansing Cloth (not shown)
1. Eco-Dent Gentle Floss, Mint
3. Ora Wellness Gentle Toothbrush (not shown)
1. Nubian Heritage Coconut & Papaya Soap–I’m not big on lotions or body butters in the summer, yet will use my multipurpose oil for dry areas as needed.
1. Renu Contact Solution (2 oz)
2. Crystal Body Deodorant Stick (update: no longer use because it is comprised of ammonium alum, a white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum. See DIY Lavender Coconut Deodorant)
3. Contact Lense Case (not shown)
3 oz Liquid Exempt Items
Everything else fits in my 1 quart size plastic bag…
Of course I also brought some hair tools such as a wide tooth comb, hair barrettes, and satin scarf, yet I really never need much else. If I am missing anything I will purchase it upon arrival to my destination. In general it is usually not necessary. Also very seldom do I finish anything that I pack outside of contact solution depending on how long my trip is. I just make sure that all of my DIY oils etc, are full unlike some of the photos above. If you are curious what I packed for clothing check out Traveling Extremely Light!
Do you feel pressured to check in luggage because of your cosmetic needs? Or do you fit it all in 1 quart size plastic bag?
~~~Don’t forget about the Sibu Beauty Nourishing Facial Cream GIVEAWAY! Ends September 9th @ Midnight PST~~~
(Images by Dawn Michelle)