Hello Beauties! Minimalist Beauty and Mountain Rose Herbs have teamed up to do a giveaway for the Mountain Rose Herbs Henna. I tried Mountain Rose Herbs Henna for the first time this fall and absolutely LOVED it! You can read all about my experience using this amazing 100% all natural henna here. Today I wanted to give you the opportunity to try Mountain Rose Herbs Henna for yourself.
Before I share with you how to enter this giveaway, I want to let you know a few facts about using henna for hair.
1. Henna is an all natural plant dye from the Lawsonia inermis plant, and although fades with henna tattoos on the skin, is a permanent hair dye. Henna may fade some overtime just like any other hair color, yet it provides a very rich permanent natural looking hair color.
2. Henna can not lighten hair. Although some have used honey to lighten their hair after using henna.
3. The henna plant’s natural dye comes in one color… red. This color bonds to hair cuticle to provide intense strengthening and conditioning to the hair as well as very rich color.
4. When henna is combined with cassia powder (cassia obovata) and/or indigo powder (indigo leaf) it can create various natural hair colors from strawberry blond to jet black.
5. You can also use cassia powder alone for conditioning often referred to as “neutral henna”. Cassia powder provides a neutral conditioning shine on dark hair, and a very light golden shade for light colored hair.
6. It is safe to use henna over chemically colored hair, yet not advised to use chemical hair color over henna.
7. Henna color can be used as often as you like, even weekly. Henna is the healthiest way to color hair.
8. Henna makes hair more manageable, shiny, and reduces frizz.
9. A few days after applying your henna application, your hair color may deepen some once the color oxidizes.
10. If you are beginning with blond to light brown hair, you may need a few henna applications to achieve a rich dark brown to black hair color. If your hair is dark brown to black using red henna will provide red highlights in sunlight. The color henna provides which will intensify and strengthen the hair more and more with consistent applications.
11. Henna will successfully cover grays. Adding apple cider vinegar to your henna mix helps henna to adhere to gray hair even more.
I’ve been using henna since 2010. It has been the only consistent hair treatment in my hair regimen over the years and for very good reason. Henna has been the key to keeping my hair strong, shiny, and very manageable especially since my hair is fine.
To Enter the Mountain Rose Herbs Henna Giveaway…
1. Subscribe to the upcoming Minimalist Beauty Newsletter. You can opt in below in the comment section or in the right sidebar.
2. Comment below with the henna color that you would like to try.
Mountain Rose Herbs offers 100% natural henna in the shades red, medium brown, mahogany, light brown, dark brown, and black.
(This giveaway ends November 24th and the winner will be selected using random.org. The winner will be announced November 25th on Minimalist Beauty in that day’s article. Please note that this giveaway is international, as I will pay shipping costs if the winner is outside of the US.)
(Image by Dawn Michelle)